Recently advanced testing metrics (metrological method) for quantifying the thermal stability characteristics of jet fuels was declared the referee technique by jet fuel specification bodies.
This new approach highlighted the weaknesses of the existing thermal jet fuel oxidation test rigs. By precisely mapping the thermal oxidation deposit on the surface of the aluminum tube, it became possible to identify issues with existing test rigs that were undetectable with the visual (VTR) rating.
Based on these finding, AD Systems developed a new jet fuel thermal oxidation test rig (TO10) that ensures perfect fuel preparation, perfect fuel flow control, a perfect heater tube temperature profile and perfect thermal deposit quantification with the Deposit Rater – DR10.
– State of the art automation level
– Dual 5 mL syringe fuel pumping system, perfect fuel flow control, no pulse
– Automatic fuel aeration control
– Didactic and intuitive man-machine interface
– Independant bus bar temperature control, no cooling liquid
– ITR connectivity for automatic result storage
– No operator exposure to fuel vapor with safety door and fume extraction.
For the development of this innovative instrument, all the parameters influencing the accuracy of the D3241 / IP323 test method have been identified. For each of these parameters an innovative and reliable solution has been developed. This very successful apparatus is unmatched in the market.
The preparation of the test is simplified. No tools are needed for assembly and the heating tube mounting. An extremely intuitive teaching software makes it possible to very quickly initiate a test and if necessary to follow step by step its progress.