The CANNON CAV 4.1 is a fully automated, single bath, benchtop viscometer with two 14-position sample handlers for unattended D445 processing. Each of the two Ubbelohde-style tubes covers a 100-fold viscosity range at values between 0.5 mm2/s (cSt) and 10,000 mm2/s (cSt) from 40 °C to 150 °C (down to 20 °C with optional integral bath cooler).
The CAV 4.1 replaces CANNON’s trusted, obsolete CAV-2100 viscometer.
Conforms to ASTM D445/446, ISO3104/3105 and IP71. Common applications include Formulated oil analysis, Hydraulic oil analysis, Additive analysis, Marine fuel testing, Base stock analysis, Light and heavy fuel testing, Waxes/paraffin, Crude oil testing, Glycols/polyols.
Features & Benefits
D445 precision in a modern, dependable design
- Replacement for CANNON’s old trusted CAV-2100
- Standard temperature range: 40 °C to 150 °C (down to 20 °C with TE bath cooler option)
- Viscosity range: 0.5 mm²/s (cSt) to 10,000 mm²/s (cSt)* in 100-fold increments (easily covering the range of 5 separate manual glass viscometers)
- Two fully accessible, 14-position sample handlers ensure reliable, unattended processing of up to 24 determinations per hour
- Automation provides an alternative to labor-intensive manual testing and reduces operator to operator variability
- A well tested CANNON viscometer platform offers reliability and dependable support
Compact & self-contained with flexible configuration
- Simple, out-of-the-box installation
- 35% smaller footprint than CAV-2000 series conserves lab space
- An onboard computer enables preprogrammed test parameters to be run without an external PC
- VISCPRO® PC software enables programming of user-defined test methods and permits one PC to manage and control up to four instruments
- User-configurable reports may be viewed, printed, saved and exported
Reduced consumable costs
- ASTM D445/ISO 3105 Ubbelohde-style tubes reduce solvent usage and disposal costs by 50% compared to larger Atlantic-style tubes
- Automated vial washing and drying enables reuse and reduces vial consumption
Simplified maintenance and test versatility
- Modular chassis design for easy maintenance access
- Operators can physically replace tubes in minutes, eliminating the need for related service calls
- Single-point temperature calibration avoids tube recalibration costs and maximizes flexibility
- Colored status indicator bath lights provide a simple remote indication of operational status
- Multiple predefined/user-defined test methods can be run within the same sample tray
* Some upper viscosity measurements may be limited by test temperature and sample type. Fast run (10-fold range) tubes are also available.