The Thermoelectric Sample Conditioner (TESC) System is the first to automate the entire ASTM D2983 conditioning and testing process including preheating, room temperature stabilization, cooling of the sample to test temperature, and final viscosity testing.
Automation lessens operator hands-on time while integration of the complete conditioning and testing process reduces the temperature fluctuation and result variability associated with other D2983 conditioning options. The system’s low cost and small footprint allow labs to purchase and operate multiple TESC Systems within a relatively small benchtop area. The use of multiple systems enables uninterrupted testing during maintenance of individual units and offers the flexibility of having each unit programmed to a different test temperature.
Thermoelectric Sample Conditioner (TESC) System includes
- Brookfield DV2T viscometer and support
- temperature control software
- #4B2 spindle
- EZ-Lock spindle coupling
- pre-loaded test programs on USB memory stick
- USB to 485 cable
- test cells (12 pack)
- 20 mL plastic syringes (5 each)
- CL 160 viscosity reference standard (500 mL)
- The unit is pre-calibrated for testing gear oil at –40 °C.